Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 1 minute Serves: 15
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 to 2 tbsp. brandy
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 16 1/4”-thick French bread slices, toasted
- 1 ripe medium pear, cored and thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, let the blue cheese and butter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Mash with a fork until well mixed. Stir in brandy and walnuts.
2. Preheat broiler. Top bread slices with pear slices. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese mixture atop the pear on each bread slice.
3. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat about 1 minute or until cheese is bubbly, but not melted. Serve warm. Makes 8-10 servings.