Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 3 minutes Serves: 6-8
- 2 pounds frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled, and deveined
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chile sauce or tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup capers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried Mexican oregano
- Juice of 2 fresh oranges
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- Salt to taste
- 1. Split the shrimp in half lengthwise and set aside.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Saute the shrimp in batches until just cooked. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Salt to taste, and then stir in the shrimp.
- 4. Flavors and textures are at their peak within 3 hours of making this dish, so plan accordingly.