- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil .
- 2 large eggplants (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 medium zucchini (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 yellow squash (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large celery ribs, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- One 16-ounce can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- One 3-ounce piece aged Asiago cheese, shaved into strips with a
- vegetable peeled(about 3/4 cup)
- Baguette slices, for serving
In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, and vinegar is reduced to 1/4 cup.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat; add eggplant, zucchini, squash, celery, onion, and bell pepper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables until tender, then add garlic and cook one more minute. Add tomatoes, olives, parsley, and oregano. Stir until combined and heated through. Remove from heat and place in a dish for serving.
Top with shaved Asiago and serve with baguette slices.