Chocolate Walnut Pie
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (12 oz.) package semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves or pecan pieces
- 1/2 (15 oz) package of refrigerated pie crusts
Stir together first 5 ingredients until blended; stir in melted chocolate morsels and nuts. Fit piecrust into a 9 inch pieplate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp. Spoon filling into piecrust. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream, and , if desired, Java Chocolate Sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR Java Chocolate Sauce
1 (12 oz. ) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
STEPS FOR SAUCE
Heat chocolate morsels, cream, and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat until chocolate and butter melt, stirring often. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in coffee. Serve warm.
Yield: 1 1/4 cups.