Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounce carton mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams lady fingers cookies
- 1 cup espresso coffee w/Amaretto liquor added
- cocoa or chocolate shavings to garnish
- 1. Whip sugar and egg yolks until very smooth and lightly colored (takes 5-7 minutes). Add mascarpone cheese and continue mixing. In separate bowl, whip egg whites (room temperature) until stiff. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Dip the cookies quickly in the coffee/liquor mixture and cover the bottom of a 9X9” glass dish. Cover with the mascarpone batter. Put in freezer for several hours. Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Top with chocolate, cut and serve.