THESE ARE THE BEST CHOCOLATE COOKIES I’VE EVER EATEN! I’VE BEEN MAKING THEM FOR YEARS, AND THEY HAVE NEVER FAILED. THEY MAKE ONLY A COUPLE DOZEN LARGE COOKIES (ABOUT 40 SMALL ONES), BUT IT’S WORTH USING REALLY GOOD QUALITY CHOCOLATE. I’VE ALSO MADE THEM WITHOUT THE NUTS, AND THEY TASTED GREAT. THESE ARE THE COOKIES TO MAKE WHEN YOU WANT TO MAKE A BIG IMPRESSION!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 3 dozen
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter, bittersweet chocolate, and unsweetened chocolate in a small saucepan set over low heat. Stir occasionally, watching carefully to make sure the chocolate does not burn. Remove the pan from the heat to cool.
3. Using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed about 3 minutes, until fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla and melted chocolate. Beat on a medium speed about 2 minutes, until the dough is thick and glossy.
5. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the chocolate mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Scoop dough into mounds on greased cookie sheet, spacing 1½” apart.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes, until the tops begin to crack and look glossy. Cool cookies ten minutes before removing them from baking sheet.