Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 60 minutes Serves: 10-15
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 24 ounces creme fraiche, room temperature
- 9 ounces white chocolate (good quality), chopped
1. To make crust: combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in bowl.
2. Press into 8 inch springform pan on bottom and up sides, about one inch.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
4. To Make Filling:
5. In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until very smooth (about 3 minutes).
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until smooth and scraping down sides of bowl.
7. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, and salt and beat until incorporated.
8. Melt white chocolate over double boiler or in microwave oven. If using a microwave, melt it very slowly, stirring every 15 seconds.
9. Add cooled chocolate to filling mixture. Add creme fraiche and beat until just blended.
10. Pour the batter into the prepared crust. Bake 45 minutes.
11. Turn off oven without opening the door and let cake cool for 1 hour.
12. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature 1 hour.
13. Cover and refrigerate over night.