Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 pork loin chops, each about 1 inch thick
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dry Marsala wine
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage
1. Pat the chops dry. In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the chops and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes total. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the chops are just cooked through but still juicy when cut into the center with a knife, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
2. I skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add chopped shallots and cook until soft. Add chicken broth, Marsala, and orange juice. Let simmer until reduced by half, or until the consistency of syrup. Add orange zest and fresh sage. Place pork pieces into sauce and spoon sauce over the pork.
3. Transfer to plates and garnish with orange zest or orange slices, if desired.