Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup V-8 juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, coursely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
HALIBUT WITH MEDITERRANEAN VINAIGRETTE, TWICE BAKED POTATOES, FRESH GREEN BEANS, AND TOMATO BRUSCHETTA. I GOT MANY OF THE INGREDIENTS FROM THE CHERRY STREET FARMER’S MARKET IN TULSA. THE HALIBUT RECIPE CALLS FOR CANNED TOMATOES, BUT I ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES, INSTEAD. THIS DISH IS SUPERB, AND THE SAUCE TASTES GREAT ON CHICKEN TOO!
2. Drain the artichoke hearts. Cut them into quarters and set aside.
3. Stir the shallots, garlic, vinegar, and V-8 juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. You can also do this in a blender.
4. Fold in the drained chopped tomatoes, quartered artichoke hearts and kalamata olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let rest for about 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Stir the flour with the salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper.
8. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
9. Dredge the halibut in the seasoned flour and add to the hot oil. Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until the fish turns a golden brown. Turn the fish over and place the skillet in the oven to finish cooking, about 5 minutes for medium internal temperature.
10. To serve, place the fish on a warm plate and spoon the vinaigrette over the top.