Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 6 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 jar hoisin sauce (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 T. garlic, minced
- 2 T. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- salt and pepper
- Fennel Salad
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and sliced very thinly
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 1/2 t. salt
1. Combine all ingredients for sauce in a bowl of crock pot.
2. Season meat with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat broiler and place seasoned ribs on a foil lined broiler pan. Broil ribs for about 10 minutes, turn ribs and broil another ten minutes until browned.
4. Toss all fennel salad ingredients together in small bowl.
5. Place ribs in crock pot over sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
6. Serve over rice and top with fennel salad.