Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 18 minutes Serves: 4
- ¾ cups shelled unsalted green pistachios, preferably Sicilian
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped mint
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ pound of orecchiette (a pkg. is usually 1 lb. don’t use all) 2 scallions, chopped
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil and salt it well.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop the pistachios by hand or pulse in a food processor.
3. Toss the pistachios with the garlic, mint, and olive oil in a bowl.
4. Add the cheese and large pinch of salt.
5. Slowly add the olive oil and stir.
6. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until done, following the package directions.
7. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
8. Immediately add the pesto to the pasta, with the reserved cooking water.
9. Toss constantly until the pasta is coated with the pesto.
10. Garnish with scallions.