Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- ¾ pound Orecchiette Pasta
- ½ pound Italian bulk sausage
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 large Kale leaves, torn without center stem
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 round lump of Burrata cheese
1. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a medium pan. Add 3 tbsp. of salt to water.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage, breaking up into smaller pieces. Cook until no longer pink, and remove sausage to a plate and set aside.
3. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until done.
4. Keeping skillet hot, add olive oil and let heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and tomatoes and red pepper flakes, cooking for one minute. Gently pour in wine. Using a wooden spoon, deglaze pan, removing brown bits from bottom of pan. Let simmer a minute and add sausage. When hot, add shredded cheese and salt and pepper, to taste. When pasta is done, remove from water with a slotted spoon and add to skillet. Add ½ cup of pasta water. Stir until hot. Spoon onto a platter. Slice Burrata in half and remove only the creamy center. Place small spoonfuls onto pasta and serve.