HERE’S A QUICK WAY TO SAUTÉ FRESH SHRIMP THAT IS PERFECTLY FLAVORED WITH GARLIC! SERVED OVER THE RICE AND VERMICELLI MAKES A LIGHT AND DELICIOUS MEAL.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 930 minutes Serves: 4
- Shrimp in Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. dried breadcrumbs
- Rice and Vermicelli Pilaf
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 cups of vermicelli (or chopped angel hair pasta)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups boiling water
- salt, to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the shrimp and cook until slightly pink, about 1 minute.
3. Add the garlic and cook one more minute.
4. Add all but 1 tbsp. of the parsley, the paprika, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
5. Add butter and breadcrumbs and boil 2 minutes. Turn off heat and serve, garnishing with remaining parsley.
6. RICE AND VERMICELLI INSTRUCTIONS:
7. Combine the oil and the butter in a medium sauce pan and heat over high heat.
8. Add the vermicelli and stir until golden. Add the rice and stir for about 2 minutes.
9. Pour in the boiling water and 1 tsp. salt, reduce the heat to low. Cover partially with a lid and let simmer for 8 minutes.
10. Turn off heat and cover completely with lid for at least 5 minutes, or until rice is fluffy. Add salt, if needed, and serve.