- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and shredded on mandolin or food processor
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
POACHED CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated or minced
- 2 spring onions, coursely chopped
- 10 Sichuan peppercorns
Preheat oven to 375. Place whole yellow bell pepper in oven and roast for 30 minutes, until skin is blistered. Remove and allow to cool; remove skin, stem, and seeds, then cut into slices.
For poached chicken, place ingredients and 1 tsp. salt in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and let cool. Shred and place in a bowl.
Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Shake off excess water and transfer to a bowl. Add canola oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, and garlic. Toss to combine, then add cucumber, roasted yellow pepper, spring onions and shredded chicken. Serve with scattered sesame seeds and extra spring onion.