- 12 spears of asparagus, cut into 4” pieces
- 3 pieces of pita bread, cut into 1” pieces.
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 head Romain lettuce, chopped
- 6 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sumac
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
In a shallow skillet, heat 1/2 cup olive oil to 350 degrees. Carefully place the pita bread pieces into the oil. You will do this in two batches so you won’t crowd them. Fry the pita bread until lightly crispy. Remove and place on a paper-lined plate.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, lettuce, radishes, scallions, cucumber, parsley, and asparagus, and pita pieces. In a small jar, combine 1/2 cup olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Shake the dressing and pour over salad and toss. Sprinkle with sumac and serve.