Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 6 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 apple, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces of good quality feta cheese
- 1 cup candied almonds (recipe follows)
- salt and pepper
- Champagne Maple salad dressing (recipe follows)
- Champagne Maple Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Salad Instructions
2. Toss salad greens with apple, feta and almonds.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drizzle with dressing, and lightly toss again.
5. Be sure not to add too much dressing. Serve immediately.
6. Candied Almonds
7. In a small non-stick skillet, place 1 cup of sliced almonds and ½ cup white sugar.
8. Turn on burner to medium heat.
9. After about 3 minutes the sugar will start to melt. Stir constantly until the sugar is completely melted, and the almonds are coated.
10. Pour onto a plate and allow to cool.
11. Break up pieces before serving.
12. Champagne Maple Vinaigrette
13. Whisk all ingredients together and drizzle over fresh greens