- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups greens, such as spinach or arugula
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in half-moons
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup blanched edamame beans (shelled), or broad beans
- 8 black olives, halved
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice of one lemon
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
In a saucepan, combine quinoa with water and 1 tsp. salt. Simmer for 25 minutes, until grains have puffed up and are tender. Spread cooked quinoa on a baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients in a large bowl. Add cooled quinoa and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Note: You can cook the quinoa ahead and keep refrigerated for up to a day before assembling salad.