Tropical Fruit Salad with Grilled Pineapple
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced in 1” pieces
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 mango, peeled, cored and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 mild red chile, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1 cup toasted croutons
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
Maple Vinaigrette (recipe follows).
Heat an iron skillet over a medium high burner to sear the pineapple slices. (Alternatively, heat a grill to medium high heat). Brush slices of pineapple with a mixture of vegetable oil and vanilla bean paste. Sear pineapple slices in skillet (or grill) on both sides until just browned. Remove and allow to cool on a plate. Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette in a large salad bowl.
Add cooled pineapple, mango, tomatoes, chile, red onion, almonds and croutons. Sprinkle salad with a pinch of salt and toss to coat salad with vinaigrette. Serve.
MAPLE VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS & STEPS
- 3 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Whisk all ingredients together.